Human beings were created in the image of God
- Genesis 1:27-31 - 27So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth." 29And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. 30Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food"; and it was so. 31Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Adam and Eve sinned, bringing death into the world (see Genesis chapter 3)
- Romans 5:12 - Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned
Sin destroyed our fellowship with God and separates us from God
- Isaiah 59:1-2 - 1Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear. 2But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.
Everyone has sinned, including you and me
- Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
The end result of sin is eternal death
- Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God offers us the free gift of salvation through His Son Jesus Christ
- John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Although Adam brought death to us all, Jesus brings life to us all
- Romans 5:17-19 - 17For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.) 18Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.
Jesus took on our curse for us
- Galatians 3:13-14 - 13Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), 14that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Jesus became sin and took the penalty of death for us
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 - For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
God forgives our sins if we confess them and repent of them
- 1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Acts 3:19 - Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord
We are no longer condemned if we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior
- Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
We are saved by the grace of faith, not by works
- Titus 3:3-7 - 3For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 - 8For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not of works, lest anyone should boast.
We become the sons and daughters of God as we receive Jesus by faith
- John 1:12 - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name
We will receive the gift of eternal life if we believe in Jesus
- 1 John 5:11-13 - 11And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
Salvation is through Jesus alone
- John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Now is the time to act!
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 - For He says: "In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.